Sunday, 28 August 2011

Folksy lesson number 4...forums

So you're all set with lovely items, photographed & ready to list. You've set your postage, prices & terms & conditions & bared your soul in a profile. Ready to list that first item on Folksy & go live? I was itching to get started and pressed ahead using the Folksy basic function for the shop heading. Only trouble was, it did look pretty basic, especially compared to other shops. Oh groan, how could I sort out a more professional looking banner? Mrs 'Computer-what-no-know-how' hadn't got a clue on this one. Tried a web search for graphic designs, but all way too expensive. I had noticed on the folksy support pages, though, that they encouraged use of the 'forum'. I'd never used a forum before my whole life, as when reading some of them there were a few folk who seemed to have very strong opinions & get very excited! As for me, far too shy  & stuck for words normally...but had to sort out the banner. The really obvious answer was to ask the shops who had banners already...just how did they do it? So  I took the plunge and posted the question. Amazing, within minutes I had all the answers I needed & a very economical banner..sorted! So if you're new to Folksy, what are you waiting for? Use the forums, especially on Folksy, as it is very friendly and unintimidating. No matter how thick & dumb you feel, you've got to ask AS THAT WAY YOU LEARN! However, remember folksy has various ways of utilising the forums for the best. For example;
folksy forums
forum promotion
forum advice

2 comments:

  1. I was same as you never entered a forum for fear of being eaten alive!
    BUT I love Folksy forum, have had alot of help from there myself when starting out.
    Yet to find one I like as much.
    BUT be warned they get addictive.
    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about addiction ...the hours can fly by!

    ReplyDelete