(the bumble bee pendant used in this wire work necklace is by JB Glass Designs of the USA)
1. Your new listings appear on front page as new seller for first month. After that they may not appear on the front page..maybe only on second page of handmade which makes a big difference! So list lots in that first month so people browsing stand a chance of seeing you.
2. As mentioned previously get on the forum...check this thread ( which I didn't notice until too late!)Folksy forum thread for newbies
3. Also learn how to post an image on the forum. Can take a lot of effort, but well worth it. You can then join in easily with what you listed today threads etc. which all help to create your on line presence.
4.Visit other shops & favourite the ones you like, they may even return the favour, especially if they are new too. Chatting on the forum also helps this.shop favouriting
5. Naming photos ..helps improve your SEO (search engine optimisation), check this link on the folksy blog SEO tips
6. Get google analytics..it shows you how many (or in my case how few!!) people are visiting and where from.google analytics